ALLYDVM, Inc. (“ALLYDVM” or “we”) takes the privacy and protection of its Subscribers and End Users’ information seriously. We believe that veterinarian data and veterinarian clients belong to the veterinarian practice. This means that we will only use or share such information as requested or approved by the veterinary practice or its client and we will not place any unreasonable restrictions or limitations on a veterinarian practice’s use of its data. We believe that we use such data in a manner that benefits both veterinarian practices and veterinarian clients.
1. Collection and Use of Information
In order to effectively provide and offer the Sites and Services, we may access, collect, integrate and/or transfer a broad range of User Information which includes, though is not limited to, the following:
- Information Related to ALLYDVM Services – Users may provide ALLYDVM with information that is accessed in connection with certain calendaring, data integration and data transfer services offered by us. Such information may include without limitation: (i) client contact information such as owner name, owner physical address, owner email address, and (ii) pet information such as pet name, species, breed, pet medical information, insurance information, pet prescription information and pet medical history. This information is used to, among other things, facilitate communications, scheduling, data integration, data transfer and other transactions between Providers and End Users or other parties, and for ALLYDVM to communicate with and provide services to or on behalf of Subscribers and End Users including, but not limited to, services involving the access, integration and/or transfer of such information by or to authorized third party providers.
- Provider Portal Settings and Content – Subscribers will specify various preferences and settings in the Provider Portal including usernames, passwords, and any communications delivered through or managed in the Provider Portal. This information is used to allow access and use of the Sites and Services, as well as to allow customization of settings and content of the Sites and Services to suit Subscriber needs. We may use the information you provide to us to, among other things, communicate with you regarding the Sites and Services or other products and services and to provide services to or on behalf of Subscribers and End Users.
- Other Information Provided to ALLYDVM – During the course of normal business or when questions or concerns may arise, you may provide other information that is necessary to or helpful in the provision and support of the Services. You may provide such information to us through the Services themselves or through other means such as phone and email support. This information may be used, among other things, when we provide you with customer support or information about other products and services, to provide your Provider with pertinent information, and to provide services to or on behalf of Subscribers and End Users.
- Usage Data – We may automatically collect some information about the devices, browsers, and IP addresses of the device(s) used to access the Sites and Services. We may also collect other technical information including information related to your computer, operating system, and a Subscriber’s practice management system. Collecting demographic and technical information like this helps us better understand the behavior of Users and better protect and serve their interests.
If you are a Subscriber, you may need to pay for your use of the Sites and Services using a credit card. We use third-party payment card processing companies engaged by us to process payments in connection with the Sites and Services. These third parties have committed to ALLYDVM to process your payment card information in a secure, PCI compliant manner. Your credit card information is processed and retained by these third parties; we may in limited circumstances store your payment card information, in which case we will do so in a PCI compliant manner.
2. Monitoring User Activity
ALLYDVM monitors User activity on the Sites and Services for a couple of reasons. Most importantly, ALLYDVM monitors activity in order to protect Users from people who have bad intentions. Secondly, ALLYDVM uses this information to support Users when ALLYDVM is contacted about an issue that a User is trying to resolve so we can see the history behind that User’s information and to develop and improve the Sites and Services.
3. Disclosure of Information
Please note that ALLYDVM does not sell, rent, or disclose its Users’ personal information or identifying information to unrelated third parties without prior consent from you or the Provider. However, Users understand and consent to the disclosure of their information as described below:
- Legal Requests – ALLYDVM endeavors to abide by all applicable rules, laws, and regulations. Thus, ALLYDVM will also endeavor to cooperate with law enforcement or other agencies. Such cooperation is designed to protect both ALLYDVM and its Users from illegal or otherwise harmful behavior and may involve disclosing some or all of the information ALLYDVM has received from Users. Users authorize ALLYDVM to respond to requests from law enforcement and other government agencies and provide them with the information Users have shared with ALLYDVM.
- Disclosure to Providers – We may disclose User Information to Providers in connection with ALLYDVM offering and providing the Sites and Services. In addition, Providers may be permitted to share or instruct ALLYDVM to share such information with third parties. We are not responsible for and expressly disclaim any liability directly or indirectly related to the use or protection of any information by any Provider or any third party that is authorized to receive information by the Provider or for any information that is located on the separate computer systems of any User or any other third party.
- ALLYDVM Use – ALLYDVM will not, without the prior consent of you or your Provider, use your personal information for any purpose other than to provide or support the services requested or authorized by you or your Provider. Subject to the foregoing limitations on ALLYDVM’s handling and use of personal information and identifying information, ALLYDVM may store, use, process, reproduce, modify, display, copy, distribute, license or create derivative works of User Information for any lawful purpose. From time to time, ALLYDVM may use consultants, contractors, or other service providers to assist in our business activities. We may disclose User Information to such service providers as deemed in our judgment to be helpful, provided any such uses are solely in accordance with the purposes approved by ALLYDVM.
- Business Transaction – If we are involved in a business transfer (merger, acquisition, combination or sale of any or all of our assets), User Information may be transferred, but we will require the surviving or successor company to either abide by this policy with respect to User Information or provide sufficient notice to you if your personal information or identifying information will be used contrary to this policy following the transaction.
- Other – We may also disclose User Information if we believe it is necessary to provide high-quality service, protect our rights, enforce the Terms and Conditions to which you have agreed, or resolve disputes.
4. Managing Your Information
You may update your username or password or other information you have submitted to the Sites and Services directly (and not through your Provider) by logging into the Sites and Services and submitting updates. If you are a Subscriber, you may review, update, correct or delete your personal information or the personal information of your End Users by working with ALLYDVM regarding the information you provide to ALLYDVM. If you are unclear about how to do this or have concerns, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not a Subscriber, please contact your Provider with any concerns regarding your information that was submitted by your Provider.
We may communicate with you at various times, with administrative emails or phone calls, about transactions and service announcements, customer service responses and promotional emails like special offers, newsletters and updates. You can choose to stop receiving promotional emails at any time simply by changing your preferences, unsubscribing through the applicable Sites and Services, or using an email's unsubscribe function. You may not opt out of receiving administrative messages or customer service responses or communications your Provider sends to you using the Sites and Services. If you have agreed to receive marketing communications through interactions with your Provider, you must change your communication preferences with your Provider directly.
5. Provider Portal Account Management
You are responsible for all access to and activity in the Provider Portal through which you access and use the Services, including the content and delivery of communications. Thus, you should not share your account information with anyone else. If you believe your account information may have been compromised, you should contact us immediately so we can take appropriate action to protect you to the extent possible. Your User Information may be vulnerable in such situations.
6. Children's Privacy
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Furthermore, we do not target the Sites and Services to children under that age nor will we ever knowingly communicate with children under 13. Parents and guardians of young children are responsible for their children’s information and should not share it with ALLYDVM through the Sites and Services.
7. Security and Retention
Your User Information is stored in databases on servers located within the United States. We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your User Information from loss, theft, or unauthorized access by internal policy, as well as by physical and logical access controls. ALLYDVM uses SSL encryption for data transfers across the internet. However, email and text message communications are delivered using standard protocols without encryption, as are hard copy communications (e.g. postcard reminders); in other words, End Users won’t need a secret decoder ring to read their reminder postcards. Passwords are also encrypted using sophisticated methods. Nevertheless, you acknowledge and understand that perfect security does not exist on the internet.
We retain User Information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law. If you are a Subscriber, you also acknowledge that ALLYDVM is not a practice management system backup services provider and that ALLYDVM should not be relied upon for backup services in the event that you experience a system failure or loss of data in your practice.
8. Third-Party Sites
9. California Privacy Rights
3041 W. Pasadena Dr.
Boise, ID 83705
10. IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER
You should understand that, despite the foregoing precautions and measures we take to protect your User Information, ALLYDVM, its owners, its managers, its employees, its associates and service providers, its partners, affiliates or any other corporate entities with which it is associated explicitly disclaim and do not make any guarantee that your User Information will always remain private. We take your privacy seriously, but you acknowledge and accept that we may be required to disclose your User Information, without limitation, as part of an investigation, that your information may be intercepted unlawfully by third parties or other bad actors, or that the information and communications you submit or create may be abused or misused. ALLYDVM expressly disclaims any and all liability associated with any of the foregoing disclosures.
3041 W. Pasadena Dr.
Boise, ID 83705