California Fires–What You Need to Know

By MWI Animal Health

As we work together to support and assist those affected by the fires burning in California we would like to provide information that may be helpful to our customers affected or willing to assist in this natural disaster. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of those who have been impacted by this terrible event.

General Aid:

FEMA is a great resource for basic information on aid and other necessary information. For real-time information, follow FEMA on Twitter You can register for FEMA assistance by visiting or by calling 1-800-621-3362.

Delivery/Warehouse delays:

Our Operations department will continue to keep all sales personnel informed of zip codes that have been impacted due to the fires. Please work with your Territory Manager or Inside Sales Representative to find alternative delivery locations if you are in an area that has been impacted. Additionally, customers may also pick up their orders at our Distribution Center in Visalia, CA.

Financial Hardship:

If an MWI customer experiences financial hardship due to these fires, please communicate to your Territory Manager or Inside Sales Representative on available options while you rebuild and work through insurance claims.

MWI/AmerisourceBergen efforts:

Our parent company, AmerisourceBergen, has donated $50,000 to the SPCA Disaster Relief fund in an effort to help with disaster response. In addition, we are an Americares emergency response partner committing to more than $300,000 to support victims of natural disasters. In addition, the AmerisourceBergen Foundation is making a donation to the California Fire Foundation.

MWI Animal Health is working with local organizations in aiding on the ground relief and supplies to CAVMRC,  Wags & Whiskers, Butte Humane Society and the NCAEP. Additionally, we are working with who is working in tandem with the CVMA.

Resources to help assist:

If you are wanting to assist with the efforts, please contact any of the organizations listed above. In addition, the NCAEP is looking for volunteers to help aid. Please see details below.


The Northern California Association of Equine Practitioners large animal veterinary relief deployment for the Camp Fire needs volunteers:

  • Large Animal DVMs: If you are licensed in CA and able to help, please fill out this survey to indicate your availability. (If you are an out of state practitioner and would like to be contacted if the licensing requirements change, please fill out this survey).
  • Large Animal Technicians & Assistants: If you are an RVT, VT, AHT, or VA with extensive large animal experience (equine and/or livestock) from any state and are able to help, please fill out this survey to indicate your availability.
  • Large Animal Handlers: If you have extensive (10+ years) large animal (equine and/or livestock) handling experience and are able to help, please fill out this survey to indicate your availability.