Creating healthier futures
We believe in a future where people everywhere are healthy and well, where animals and our planet can flourish, and where our communities can thrive. This is why we’re committed to sustainable packaging and removing single-use, petroleum-based materials like plastics and polystyrene foam from our operations and sourcing more ecological options, while continuing to be smart, efficient, and responsible in our role in the animal health supply chain and our citizenship in the world. To learn more, visit our Environmentally Aware page in our Global Sustainability Report.
Positive environmental impact of order consolidation
Animal hospitals changed their processes to help the planet
One of our largest veterinary practice clients started a program to reduce their number of shipments per week. By consolidating orders, they use fewer boxes, which has a positive environmental impact.
How often are orders delivered?
How many packages are used?
Why does it matter?
- 28% of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions come from transportation. Fewer orders means less delivery trucks on the roads.
- Consolidated orders reduce the number of boxes. Fewer boxes=less cardboard=fewer trees being cut down.
What are some positive environmental impacts?
- 315,161 pounds of carbon dioxide not emitted
- That's equal to the output of 354,724 passenger vehicle miles
- 1,245 trees not harvested
2021 Global Sustainability Report and ESG Index
Our new 2021 report highlights our commitment to corporate responsibility and global sustainability, and provides detailed information on ESG performance.