Cleaning Evaporative Coolers
By MWI Animal Health |
For evaporative pad cleaning
- Wet pad thoroughly using a house washer or water hose
- Do not use too high of pressure or it will harm the pad
- Create a 4% solution of Cool-N-Klean by mixing 5 oz per gallon of water into a backpack/pump-up sprayer
- Spray mixture thoroughly onto entire length of pad and let stand for at least 1 hour
- Then spray the pad with clear, clean water from top to bottom, removing all minerals deposits and algae
- To control the growth of algae, add 1 to 2 ounces of SCI-62® once per week, or after each flush of the sump
For recirculating systems
- Remove screen/cartridge from filter
- Add ½ ounce of Cool-N-Klean per gallon of water to the system storage tank
- Turn pump on continuous flow until pad is completely wet
- Run for at least one hour or until calcium and deposits are broken down. Treatment should not exceed 24 hours.
- Using clear water, rinse pad thoroughly from top to bottom, with a low pressure hose.
- All mineral deposits and algae should be broken down and removed during this process
- Drain all water from the system and refill with clear, clean water.
- To control the growth of algae, add 1 to 2 ounces of SCI-62® to the storage tank at the start of the season and 1 to 2 ounces once per week during periods of use and after flushing the sump
|056643||SCI-62 Algaecide||1 gal|
To extend the longevity and productivity of the pads, these cleaning procedures should be done once in the Fall and again in the Spring before Summer usage
Winterizing Cool Cell Systems