COVID-19 Resources from AAHA
The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) is committed to providing veterinary professionals like you with resources to effectively manage your business and deliver the best in companion-animal care.
We are maintaining this mission as we all face the COVID-19 pandemic by offering news coverage, expert resources, and relevant updates to our community. We stand with all veterinarians and hope to be a source of support and assistance for the entire profession during these unprecedented times.
- Essential businesses: AAHA has publicly endorsed the concept of veterinary hospitals as essential businesses that provide critical healthcare to companion animals, horses, and livestock, as well as vital public health monitoring and management of potential animal illnesses.
- COVID-19 resources: We’ve compiled a comprehensive COVID-19 resources list with trusted links and resources from the government as well as veterinary and healthcare organizations and business partners. As the situation continues to develop, we are updating and adding to this list so that we can provide a trusted source of information for veterinary teams. You can see these resources at aaha.org/covid-19.
- Tips for your practice: To assist with daily operations, we have compiled a video with expert practice tips from AAHA members who have adjusted their practices to best protect their clients, teammates, and themselves while also providing excellent medical care. Watch it on our Facebook page at facebook.com/AAHAHealthyPet/videos.
- Connecting members: AAHA-accredited members can connect with one another, get advice, and gain peer-to-peer support through the AAHA-accredited Members Facebook Group. Request to join at facebook.com/groups/aahaaccredited.
- News coverage: AAHA is covering breaking veterinary news related to COVID-19 via NEWStat, our free blog and newsletter to help practices stay on top of the latest developments in how the virus in impacting the veterinary profession. Subscribe and see the latest at aaha.org/blog.
- Online CE: AAHA members can keep staff engaged and turn downtime into CE time with free RACE-approved online CE through AAHA Learning. Visit aaha.org/learning for details.
- AAHA guidelines: In this time of uncertainty, rest assured that following the 2018 AAHA Infection Control, Prevention and Biosecurity Guidelines will help you keep pets and team members safer. Review them at aaha.org/guidelines.
- State actions: The American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) is tracking state actions regarding CE changes or telemedicine changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic: aavsb.org.
- Legislation: The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) has extensive information on COVID-19-related legislation at avma.org.
- Human health: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC; cdc.gov) and World Health Organization (WHO; who.int) are excellent resources. Additionally, The Department of Public Health and Environment has created a hotline to answer questions about COVID-19: 877-462-2911.
- Financial help: The Small Business Administration is offering low-interest loans to provide capital to small businesses that are suffering from the coronavirus outbreak. Learn more at sba.gov.
Stay tuned to aaha.org for continued updates and resources. From the AAHA team to your team, thank you for all you are doing, and stay healthy.